Posted by pustal
, on 15/05/2015, @ 02:56pm
According to UOL Jogos
, Raspberry Pi has been used by local salesmen to flash a PS4 image with 10 games, for between R$ 300 to R$ 400 (about $100 to $150 or €88 to €132) .
The process has been tried to be replicated, and are alledged cases of success, but should brick on 2.51 OFW
Cfwprophet’s explanation seems to confirm the technique. He however says that attempting this on the latest PS4 firmware (2.51) will brick your console:
- Buy a PSN Game on Master Console and download it
- Connect Slave Console to PSN, create Account from Master Console, activate Slave Console and download the game
- Dump the NOR Flash of Slave Console with Tools like Teensy++ or the Pi (let us call that dump from now on ActivatedDMP)
- Boot Slave Console, Connect to PSN and Deactivate the Console
- Write the ActivatedDMP back to the NOR of Slave Console
- Profit, the Process can now be repeated on any other PS4 without reaching the “three consoles max” official PSN Game Share limit.
Sony has already sent a cease and desist letter.
, source 2
Edit: seems like the process isn't new ( http://www.psdevwiki.com/ps4/JAISPI